Thursday, March 22, 2012

Update on ride

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. Yesterday at two o-clock I was near Columbus Georgia, one hundred and thirty miles from home. I had spent the past week on beautiful south Georgia back roads. I saw many rolling hills of young crops and canopy roads with the Spanish moss and mysteria in bloom. God really blessed this trip thus far with the people I have met and the way he provided. Unfortunately Cash (my black gelding) stepped in a hole while riding through a creek yesterday afternoon. He cut his leg badly in two places. Thankfully God provided a trailer for me to get the horse to the vet quickly. It took us a while to get the bleeding stopped and finally got four staples and three stitches in place. Daniel, a good friend of mine, trailered me and the horses home late last night and I have Cash contained in a small area until his leg heals. The vet said at least two weeks before he is riding again. So Lord willing I will start my ride again in a few weeks and go from there. Thank you all so much for the prayers so far, please continue to pray for me and cash!

0 comments: