Friday, March 23, 2012

Toy Cars and Christians

I want you to picture something for me, a toy car. I'm sure most of you have one laying around somewhere. I am going to use a Ford Mustang for an example. If I asked you what is was you would probable respond, “A Mustang”. Is it really a Mustang though? I mean, can you take it to work, drag race between the lights, or take it to a car show? Not really, but we still call it a Mustang, why? Because it looks identical to real Mustang, just smaller. It was made to look just like Ford's muscle car, so much close in-fact that it carries it's name!

In Acts 11:26 is says that the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch because of the work they were doing there. The very word Christian was actually made up to make fun of the believers, it means “little Christs” The disciples acted so much like Jesus, they were called “little Christs”! What was made to poke fun was really a compliment, and a great one at that!

There are several verses in the bible that encourage us to seek a life like Christ's, I'd like to share a few..


“Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked”

I John 2:6

“For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ.”

Galatians 3:27

“Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. “

I Corinthians 11:1

“For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. “

I Peter 2:21

“Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus.”

Philippians 2:5


What a challenge, but a great goal to aim for! That when someone see's you they can say, “oh that is a little Christ!” Lets keep our eyes on the Savior!

0 comments: