Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A New Goal!

Recently God has really been speaking to me through the life of the apostle Paul. It seems that so much of his life was wrapped up in other people. Almost as if his goal in life was reaching other people. II Corinthians 11:28 really shows his heart, "Besides the other things, what comes upon me daily is my deep concern for all the churches." As does II Timothy 2:9&10, "I suffer trouble as an evil doer, even to the point of chains: but the word of God is not chained. I endure all things for their sake, that they also may obtain salvation." It seems so easy to set my goals for my life above that of other peoples, but yet I say I want to reach others. So I have set a new resolution in my life; my goal in life is other people's lives. I am striving for the love and wisdom of Christ so that I may in turn reach other people. So that someday I could display the love that Paul showed for Timothy in II Timothy 1:1-5 (you should read it, it is very good). I look at where I am now, and see much room for growth. So I ask that you all would pray that God would do a work in my life, and teach me to total selflessness and love. And that He would show me "great and mighty things" as He promises in Jeremiah 33:3.

I, the Lord of sea and sky

I have heard my people cry;

All who dwell in dark and sin, My hand will save.

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?

I have heard you calling in the night.

I will go, Lord, if you lead me.

I will hold your people in my heart.

0 comments: