Thursday, October 28, 2010

Before the earth's foundation...

Sometimes, no almost all the time, when I open my copy of God's word to man I find some very exciting, but challenging, verses. One of those verses is Ephesians 1:4. It reads "...He chose us (you and me) in Him before the foundations of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love." How amazing that even before He said "let there be light He thought of plan for your life! And in another place He said, "before I formed you in the belly I knew thee and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee and ordained thee a prophet into nations" (Jeremiah 1:5). Isn't that so powerful, even before you were conceived God was developing a plan, a beautiful mission that fits you perfectly. Before you were anything at all. He even placed you in the right year and perfect place to be able to fulfill that plan (acts 17:26). It is amazing to see this lived out by reading biographies of people like Jonathon Goforth the Canadian missionary to China. Just little things that "just happened" to him show how God's plan was being fulfilled. Like the time an older gentleman gave him a book on missionaries that he found so intriguing. And also the school he "ended up" going to played its role in bringing him to the orient. Even the cruel mocking he received from classmates were leading him to China. God even gave us our unique desires because they fall into His plan for our lives. When we seek Him (with a pure and humble heart) He fulfills those desires (Psalms 37:4, Philippians 2:13). Maybe He gave you a passion for music, use it to serve Him. Maybe He gave you athletic ability, use it to reach others (like Tim Tebow). Or perhaps you like working numbers and work in an office, reach out to your co-workers. I believe God gave me a love for horses and a desire to help young men. I am just waiting Him to connect the dots. Because no matter how I try I can't bridge that gap. You are where you are for a reason, SHINE!

"Call unto me, and I will

answer thee, and shew thee

great and mighty things

which thou knowest not"

(Jeremiah 33:3)

0 comments: