Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Faith like a child

I remember talking to my little sister one time, (listening to her talk better describes it) :) and she was telling me about how God is everywere at one time. (Proverbs 15:3). Out of curiosity, I asked her how He could do that. She looked at me as if I was confused and said, "Ben, God is Awesome, Awesome people can just do those things." Now we all laughed a little at her response, but I was thinking "Wow, what a great example of child-like faith." She didn't need some logical explanation, she just believed it sincerely. Sometimes I wonder how I am at having the faith of a child, like Christ asked us to. (Mark 10:15). Do I always have to understand how something in scripture is possible, or do I just believe that "all things are possible with God." (Matthew 19:26). I like the way Martin Luther put it, "If you cannot understand how this could have been done.... then grant the Holy Spirit the honor of being more learned than you are."

0 comments: