Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Revival!

Wouldn’t it be great to see a great revival in the United States. This is some thing I pray for quite often. Just imagine the power God could give “one nation under God” to evangelize the world! But how does a revival start? What are God’s instructions to us? Well, God indeed gave us some in 2nd Chronicles 7:14: “If my people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” Isn’t that exiting! Will you join me? Will you join me in daily humbling yourself before God, confessing you sins, seeking his face in scripture, and praying for revival? I like to personalize scripture. Like this, “If Benjamin, who is called by My name, shall humble himself, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from his wicked ways: then I will hear from heaven, and forgive his sin, and heal Benjamin’s land.” You try it. Wow, doesn’t that make it so much more powerful! I like the way Rev. John Wesley put it back during the Great Revival in Europe. When asked what was the secret to revival he stated, “You draw a circle around yourself, and ask God to revive those in the circle.” I hope this has been a challenge to you like it has been to me. As always comment are welcome.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I really like the blog header. Looks great.
Lydia