Saturday, June 4, 2011

What do you think?

I have asked God to mold and shape me into a person that can reach out to struggling people, but I don’t know how ready I was for Him to show me the filthiness of my own heart. As a person with a desire to love and help others it pained me to find myself judging others and expecting the worst of them. A poem that was shared with me really convicted my heart of this. The poem is The Right Kind of People by Edwin Markham.

Gone is the city, gone the day,
Yet still the story and meaning stay:
Once where a prophet in the palm shade basked
A traveler chanced at noon to rest his miles.
“What sort of people may they be,” he asked,
“In this proud city on the plains o’erspread?”
“Well, friend, what sort of people whence you came?”
“What sort?” the packman scowled; “why, knaves and fools.”“You’ll find the people here the same,” The wise man said.
Another stranger in the dusk drew near,
And pausing, cried “what sort of people here
In your bright city where yon towers arise?”
Well, friend, what sort of people whence you came?”
“what sort?” the pilgrim smiled,
“Good, true and wise.”
“You’ll find the people here the same,”
The Wise man said.

Abraham Lincoln said it like this: “If you look for the bad in mankind expecting to find it, you surely will.” So I have been looking for the good in everybody, and you know, I have been able to find it! May God fill your life with his loving spirit towards others! God Bless


“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.”
Philippians 4:8

0 comments: