Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Turtle on a Post

Last Sunday in church the preacher told a very convicting story. The story was about a successful business man who was asked to what he contributed his success. The wise business man took him into his office and showed him a picture on the wall. The picture was of a turtle on a post. He said, “every time I begin to get proud of my achievment I look at that picture, and I am reminded that I didn’t’ get where I am by myself. Somebody lifted me.” That was a challenge to me. Do I give all the glory to God for “my” achievements. I had to think of how Nebuchadnezzar took all the credit for the greatness of Babylon and God punished him with insanity. I think we are all turtles that were lifted up. Comments welcome.
“Thank-you All Powerful God for the gifts in
My life. I want to give all the credit for my
Achievements. I know I am nothing without
You. Amen.”

0 comments: